BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
Are you are a compassionate provider with an interest in using essential oils with your clients? You may be pondering the “how, what, when, where, and why” of incorporating essential oils into your therapeutic approach. Or, are you looking to start an aromatherapy program in your organization that is ethical, safe, and effective?
As a clinical social worker and clinical aromatherapist, I provide consultation for behavioral health providers (mental health, substance abuse, chemical health, etc.) looking to expand their knowledge, and safely offer a new mind-body technique for their clients.
Consultation typically includes:
- Assessment of your current vision, needs, strengths, and areas for growth
- Guidance for aromatherapy program development, implementation, and evaluation
- Education and training for staff at beginning phase of implementation
- Resources and referrals (research, trusted essential oil/aromatherapy vendors, supplies)
- Follow up
Do you represent a group of professionals, or an organization, and are interested in a specialized training, workshop, or seminar?
If so, please contact Jen Shepherd at email@example.com or 612-564-9355 to discuss your needs.
individuals and clients in the community
Essential oils and other plant based products can be used to support your overall health and wellness. Wading through the sea of information online can be overwhelming! By meeting with a trained professional, you eliminate the guesswork, and walk away feeling confident that your essential oil product is the right fit for you.
As a clinical aromatherapist and clinical social worker, I partner with you to explore how essential oils and aromatherapy can be incorporated safely into your overall health and wellness plan. We meet 1:1 over the phone, by email, or in person, to assess your current situation, and from there we create a plan.
Part of the plan includes using essential oils that are either pre-or custom blended. The essential oils can be applied in many ways such as: in roll-ons, body lotions/oils, diffusers, jewelry, aromasticks/inhalers, and other bath or body care products. Every person is different, so your product will be customized to fit your needs.
I may also provide some wellness coaching, or psychoaromatherapy, to address your other areas of concern in regards to overall health and wellness.
Top reasons people see a clinical aromatherapist:
- Stress management
- Emotional support
- Insomnia or other sleep disturbances
- Musculoskeletal issues
- Hormonal concerns
- Respiratory and sinus issues
- Chronic pain
- Digestive support
- To support other therapies (massage, acupressure, TCM)
The Aromatherapy and Wellness Consultation includes:
- Holistic and biopsychosocial assessment of your needs
- Review of your medical conditions, allergies, medications
- Individualized education for yourself and a caregiver
- Exploration of your aroma and essential oil preferences
- Development of an overall health and wellness plan
- Aromatherapy product that is either pre-blended or custom formulated with safety in mind
- Education regarding product use and safety
- Follow up call with option for ongoing visits if needed to ensure safe and appropriate use
Location, referrals, and cost
If you (or a family member) would like to see me in person, I do offer home visits for those that are receiving home care, hospice, ARMHS, or other care and case management services. We would talk on the phone first to make sure that we would be a good fit, and then make a plan for the visit.
Costs vary depending on location and length of appointment. Unfortunately, insurance does not cover the cost. Fees start at $100/hour, which includes the cost of 1 custom made (or pre-blended) aromatherapy product, and free follow-up phone call. Additional fees for travel, psychoaromatherapy/coaching/care coordination, lengthened appointment time. This will be discussed and agreed upon prior to the appointment.
If you are a provider, please contact me so we can discuss your referral and plan for collaboration.
I also offer individual consultations in a clinic setting at NE Wellness, which is located in NE Minneapolis. Please visit NE Wellness for more information.
Aromatherapy Education Consultation
This consultation is designed for those of you that are enthusiastic about using essential oils, and you’re in need of professional guidance such as:
- Professional training/schooling options
- Safe and appropriate personal use
- Basic or travel care kits
- Stash clean up! Use those excess essential oils that have been sitting around a while. Meaning, you’re not sure if they’re still good, and you’re not sure what to do with them!
- Recipe review for those who are not sure if a certain recipe is a good fit for them
If any of these questions leave you feeling inspired to learn more about adding essential oils into your personal or professional practice, request your complimentary consultation today.