WITH BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
I know that you strive for the most effective and ethical interventions with your clients, residents, or patients. You’ve heard about, maybe even explored, some complementary mind-body approaches to use with the people you serve. You’re interested in aromatherapy, want to enhance your professional skills, but not quite sure how and where to start.
- Are you looking for an effective mind-body strategy that will improve outcomes and goal achievement for your clients?
- Have you thought about aromatherapy and essential oils to enhance skills teaching and emotional processing?
- Do you want to learn how to use essential oils safely, ethically, effectively, and within your scope of practice?
- Do you want to know which essential oils should be used with caution, or may be contraindicated for certain medical conditions and medications?
- Do you know what to do should a client have an adverse reaction?
- Would you like to know more about which essential oils support overall mental and emotional wellness, as well as stress reduction and management?
- Are you providing in-home services, and you would like a clinical aromatherapist to visit your client in their home?
- Do you have a client that is interested in aromatherapy, but you want to refer out for an individual aromatherapy consultation?
Do you represent a group of professionals, or an organization, and are interested in a specialized training, workshop, or seminar?
If so, please contact Jen Shepherd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-564-9355 to discuss your needs.
Consultation for individuals
Individual consultations are a 1:1 session and can take place over the phone, email, or in person. You can choose from the Aromatherapy and Wellness Consultation or the Aromatherapy Education Consultation. As a Certified Clinical Aromatherapist and Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, I will partner with you on your journey toward optimal health and wellness. We will work together to explore, identify, plan, and work towards your wellness goals. We will explore how essential oils and aromatherapy can be incorporated safely into your overall health and wellness plan. I create custom aromatherapy products based on your assessment to incorporate into your wellness routine. The essential oils are either pre-or custom blended, and can have various methods of use and application such as: roll-ons, body lotions/oils, diffusers, aromastick/inhalers, jewelry, and other bath and body care products. Areas of lifestyle and wellness that I specialize in include:
- Stress management, relaxation, and self-care
- Emotional wellness
- Mental health
- Addiction and recovery
- Chronic illness and disease
- Chronic pain
- Caregiver support
- Children and family
The Aromatherapy and Wellness Consultation
- Holistic and biopsychosocial assessment of your needs
- Review of your medical conditions, allergies, medications
- Individualized education for yourself and a caregiver
- Exploration of your aroma and essential oil preferences
- Development of an overall health and wellness plan
- Aromatherapy product that is either pre-blended or custom formulated with safety in mind
- Education regarding product use and safety
- Follow up call with option for ongoing visits if needed to ensure safe and appropriate use
Location, referrals, and cost
If you would like to see me in person, I do offer home visits for those that are receiving home care, hospice, ARMHS, or other care and case management services. We would talk on the phone first to make sure that we would be a good fit, and then make a plan for the visit.
Costs vary depending on location and length of appointment. Unfortunately, insurance does not cover the cost.
If you are a provider, please contact me so we can discuss your referral and plan for collaboration.
I also offer individual consultations in a clinic setting at NE Wellness, which is located in NE Minneapolis. In addition, I also teach a variety of essential oil and aromatherapy classes. Please visit NE Wellness for more information.
Aromatherapy Education Consultation
This consultation is designed for those of you that are in need of professional guidance with any one or more of the following:
- professional training/schooling options
- safe and appropriate personal use
- basic or travel care kits
- excess essential oils that have been sitting around a while, you’re not sure if they’re still good, and you’re not sure what to do with them
- recipe design and review.
If any of these questions leave you feeling inspired to learn more about adding essential oils into your personal or professional practice, request your complementary consultation today.